This is the first quarterly Climate Digest which replaces our previous monthly Climate Digest product.
The December 2015 through February 2016 seasonal global temperature was the warmest Northern Hemisphere winter ever recorded. Several countries and some continents reported record warm temperatures, but no land areas observed record cold temperatures for the December to February period.
The quarterly climate digest, produced seasonally, consists of a short movie (3:42 minutes) made for SOS and an MP4 video accessible through YouTube, but none of the individual data-sets previously produced for the monthly climate digest product.
You can download the SOS content from this FTP Site.
- Global 3-month land temperatures
- 3-month Sea Surface Temperature (SST) anomalies & El Niño information
- Contiguous U.S. Temperature and Precipitation Graphics
- Snowfall Totals from the record-setting January Blizzard in the Northeast U.S.
- Temperature and Precipitation Outlooks for spring 2016
You can download the script here.
Helpful Resources for More Information
NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) Climate Global Analysis and National Overview available at https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/